- soSIMPLE Calendar Builder 25% off August 12, 2013 soSIMPLE Calendar Builder at 25% off Buy soSIMPLE Calendar Builder at a discount AND get a free upgrade to the next version. soSIMPLE Calendar Builder, the zippy-drag-and-drop-auto-resize-completely-customizable-so-you-can-use-in-FileMaker®-and-everywhere-else Calendar is a FileMaker Server-based super power calendar that you can easily add to your FileMaker app. Among many features is the ability to have full edit access to your calendar from ...
- soSIMPLE Calendar Builder at 25% off one week only July 15, 2012Get the soSIMPLE Calendar Builder at a huge discount this week only. soSIMPLE Calendar Builder, the zippy-drag-and-drop-auto-resize-completely-customizable-so-you-can-use-in-FileMaker®-and-everywhere-else Calendar is a FileMaker Server-based super power calendar that you can easily add to your FileMaker app. Among many features is the ability to have full edit access to your calendar from many devices. Working in FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Go? ...
- soSIMPLE in Philly tomorrow! June 25, 2012We’ll be showing off soSIMPLE’s Calendar Builder at tomorrow’s Philadelphia FileMaker User Group at their main office. We’ve got a few new cool features we’ll be sharing from our upcoming release – a full mobile UI for the smartphones and such, and custom fields for publishing your calendar on the web. Here’s the details: Tuesday, June 26 at ...
- soSIMPLE demoing in CT, Wed, April 18 April 17, 2012We’re at it again. We’ll be demonstrating soSIMPLE Calendar twice tomorrow, at two locations in Connecticut: - At 10:00am, we’ll be at the Connecticut FileMaker Developers’ Group (CFDG). It’s happening at the Student Center at the Central CT State College in New Britain, CT. Here’s the announcement and a map. - Then at 2:00pm we’re heading to the University ...
- New FileMaker 12 Delivers Breakthrough Design Features for Creating Stunning Databases April 4, 2012FileMaker today announces a huge new upgrade of their entire FileMaker product line: FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go and FileMaker Server, for Mac, Windows, iPad and iPhone/iPod. Read their press release here. And all the new features here. The upgrade to FileMaker 12 represents the FileMaker platform embracing and leveraging more modern and industry standard techniques. For example, by ...
- soSIMPLE demoing in NYC, Thurs, April 5 April 2, 2012Ken d’Oronzio from Paradise Partners, Inc will be demonstrating soSIMPLE Calendar at the New York FileMaker Pro Developer’s Group on Thursday, April 5, 2012. We’ll be showing off some of the cool new features of the calendar, and a bit of what’s to come. Even if you’ve seen the calendar before, I think you’ll really want to ...
- soSIMPLE Calendar 1.2 for FileMaker Pro & Go October 12, 2011Paradise Partners, Inc. announces the immediate release of soSIMPLE Calendar 1.2 soSIMPLE Calendar is a drag & drop asynchronous calendar interface for FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, traditional web, and mobile devices. It offers developers the ability to add a feature-rich, multi-platform completely customizable calendar to any FileMaker-based solution. Version 1.2 fixes some bugs, enhances some features, and ...
- soSIMPLE at NJFMPUG October 4, 2011We had the opportunity to demonstrate soSIMPLE Calendar to the NJ FileMaker user group. The event went very well – there seemed to be a lot of excitement around the software, especially around the ability to quickly roll out new calendars on multiple platforms & devices. Agnes at ZeroBlue Technology Solutions did a beautiful write-up of ...
- Announcing soSIMPLE Calendar August 8, 2011You haven’t seen a FileMaker calendar like this before. Paradise Partners, Inc. announces the immediate release of soSIMPLE Calendar, the drag and drop calendar for FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, web and mobile devices. We will present an informal demonstration at a DevCon “Unconference” on Thursday morning at 9:00 am, room Aqua 308. By harnessing FileMaker’s web viewer ...
- Bento & OS X Yosemite - known issues October 24, 2014
- Here’s a complete list of apps that use the awesome new Handoff feature in iOS 8 October 24, 2014
The coolest new feature that spans across both iOS and OS X announced this year has definitely been the Handoff feature that will let you quickly move information and data between iOS devices and your Mac. And what makes it even cooler is now app developers are designing their applications to use Handoff as well so you can move what you’re looking at on your favorite apps from your iPhone to your Mac and vice versa. Below we’ve listed... read more
- AT&T Locking Apple Interchangeable SIMs in iPad Air 2 and Retina Mini 3 October 24, 2014
Apple's new Apple SIM card in the iPad Air 2 and the Retina iPad mini 3 is designed to be universal, usable across a variety of wireless carriers in the US and UK, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and UK's EE. According to user reports in the MacRumors forums and on read more
- iPad Mini 3 Teardown Reveals NFC Controller for Apple Pay, Hot Glued Home Button October 24, 2014
After tearing down the iPad Air 2 earlier this week, iFixit has now moved on to the iPad mini 3, which also received a minor update during Apple's October 16 iPad event. Unlike the iPad Air 2, the iPad mini 3 saw few internal improvements, gaining a new gold color option and a Touch ID fingerprint sensor.
As expected, iFixit's tea... read more
- Comcast thinks HBO may have just made a huge mistake October 24, 2014
Surprise: Comcast isn’t overly enthusiastic about HBO’s plan to offer a standalone streaming service that will appeal to cord cutters. Barron’s notes that during an earnings call this week, Comcast EVP and NBC CEO Steve Burke was asked for his take on HBO’s decision to offer a standalone streaming option starting next year. As you might expect, Burke downplayed its significance and even suggested that HBO might c... read more
- Video: You might not care about 4K TVs, but you still need to watch Sony’s amazing new ad October 24, 2014
The next big thing in television might be 4K (or even 5K, for some). Or smarter TVs. Or curvy smart TVs that also do 4K. But that doesn’t mean you really need them, especially 4K big-screen TVs, since there isn’t enough actual 4K content to consume in the first place. But Sony has an amazing new TV ad that is so amazing it’s worth watching even if you’re not interested in 4K TVs at all. FROM EARLIER: Video: MasterCard... read more
- iTunes Digital Music Sales Fall 13 Percent as Apple Prepares Beats Music Refresh October 24, 2014
Apple's digital music sales continue to spiral downward, falling more than 13 percent worldwide thus far in 2014, reports The Wall Street Journal. Last year, digital music sales read more
- How to quickly and easily enable Apple’s sleek new ‘dark mode’ on your Mac October 24, 2014
Apple’s new OS X Yosemite software is a huge update for Mac users. The latest version of Apple’s desktop software includes a great visual overhaul that makes the user interface much flatter and more modern, with some apps that even go as far as to mirror the look of iOS 8. But beyond the obvious new graphical changes, Yosemite also includes a nifty new “dark mode” that makes a few key changes to OS X’s interface... read more
- The world’s worst human being kicked a secret service dog after jumping the White House fence October 24, 2014
On Wednesday night, there was yet another fence jumper at the White House. Luckily, two heroic dogs sprang into action and stopped him almost immediately — but not before one dog, Jordan, took a kick to the face from the assailant. In recent weeks, there have been a couple fence jumpers at the White House grounds, and one of them actually made it inside the White House itself. The second man didn’t make it quite th... read more
- FileMaker Go and iOS 8 compatibility October 24, 2014
- There’s a chance your Windows computer is being hacked right now October 24, 2014
Take a closer look at your current Windows machine. It might be one of the millions of PCs that could be hacked right now and you might not even know anything is happening. At least, that’s what two different reports say, covering two equally disturbing vulnerabilities that hackers can take advantage of. FROM EARLIER: A dangerous bug in Windows 8.1 and older versions could be used to spy on you A new zero-day vulnerability that ex... read more
- NFC-Equipped iPad Air 2 Sparks Speculation of Future Apple Pay Registers for Small Businesses [Updated] October 24, 2014
Earlier this week, a teardown analysis of the iPad Air 2 by iFixit surprisingly revealed the presence of a near field communications (NFC) controller chip that is identical to the one inside the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Apple never advertised the Air 2 as having NFC, and the tablet doesn't support contactless Apple Pay payments, so the inclusi... read more
- $36 WORTH OF FREE APPS! 9 awesome paid iPhone apps that are free for a limited time October 24, 2014
This has been a great week for paid iPhone and iPad apps that have gone on sale for free, but we have a few more gems to share with you before the week is done. Thursday’s list included seven great paid iOS apps that were made available for free for a limited time (a few of them are still free if you hurry), but today we have nine apps regularly worth a combined $36 and each and every one is free for a short time. DON’T MISS: Thi... read more
- Video: The iPad Air 2 withstands a ‘bend test’ about as well as you’d expect October 24, 2014
The reason the “bend test” videos for the iPhone 6 Plus went viral is that they raised questions about whether the device would bend just from carrying it around in your pants pocket. This shouldn’t be a concern for anyone who owns an iPad Air 2, since the tablet was never intended to be carried around in your pants pocket and we can’t imagine any reason for a sane person to do so. All the same, that hasn’t stopped Y... read more
- T-Mobile’s coverage would be great if it weren’t for those pesky walls October 24, 2014
The sudden success of T-Mobile has been impressive. With an energetic CEO and some of the most competitive pricing in the industry, the “Un-carrier” has made a big splash, convincing thousands of smartphone owners to drop their plans and make the switch. There’s only one problem: T-Mobile’s coverage still doesn’t match up with that of Verizon and AT&T. That might be changing soon, as T-Mobile VP of Fede... read more
- 8 awesome Android 5.0 Lollipop features missing from iOS 8 October 24, 2014
After initially showing off iOS 8 during its annual WWDC event this past summer, Apple finally released the software in September and then issued its first major update earlier this month. iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 represent huge steps forward for Apple’s mobile devices, bringing tons of great new functions to compatible iPhone and iPad models. Features like audio messaging, the new QuickType keyboard and Apple’s Continuity functionality... read more
- Amazon Visa Rewards Card Now Compatible With Apple Pay October 24, 2014
According to reports on Twitter, Reddit and MacRumors forums, Amazon's Visa Rewards ca... read more
- Tim Cook Says Chinese Security Talks Were 'Very Open', Bringing Apple Pay to China a Priority October 24, 2014
Tim Cook was optimistic about Apple's relationship with China following a meeting with top Chinese government officials in Beijing on Wednesday to discuss data privacy and security. Cook read more
- iHeartRadio for iOS Updated with Support for CarPlay [iOS Blog] October 24, 2014
Radio streaming service iHeartRadio has updated its official iOS app to include support for Apple's CarPlay iOS vehicle integration feature. Users can now search and play any live or favorited radio station through their CarPlay-compatible in-dash car system, and can also listen to archived on-demand episodes from multiple categories like New... read more
- Powerful Image Editing App 'Pixelmator' Comes to the iPad [iOS Blog] October 23, 2014
Pixelmator, a popular Photoshop replacement on the Mac, was released for the iPad today. The image editing iOS app is similar to the Mac app, incorporating many of the same tools to allow users to retouch and enhance photos and images.
The app includes a complete set of painting tools and a painting engine that can take advantage of a range of brushes from c... read more