Installing soSIMPLE Calendar
1. Make sure your FileMaker Server is deployed with PHP
All versions of FileMaker Server 12 and 13 work with Calendar Builder. You do NOT need FileMaker Server Advanced.
Verify you’re set up for PHP by going to the FileMaker Server Technology Test page (choose “Open Test Page” from the Server menu in the Admin Console) and clicking “Test PHP Custom Web Publishing”. If the PHP test passes, you’re done with this step. If not, make sure you have installed the original s
If an earlier version of soSIMPLE Calendar is installed on your server, we recommend uninstalling it and running the deploy step to reset your web host settings.ample database that was installed with FileMaker Server and redeploy FileMaker Server. You can generally do this while FileMaker Server is hosting clients.
- FileMaker Server 12: Click “Edit Server Deployment” link in the lower right of the overview screen.
- Filemaker Server 13: Choose “Edit Deployment” from Server menu in the upper right of the Admin Console
2. Put the soSIMPLE folder into your web folder
Where you put this folder will depend upon your Server Operating System, and your version of FileMaker Server.
If you are using a multi-server configuration, put this folder in your hosted web server folder and make the following change to the file config.php: Change the line that says “host” to reflect the IP address of your FileMaker Server.
If you are using a single-server configuration, put your folder in your hosted web server folder. No files changes are required:
- Filemaker 13, Windows: c:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\Conf
- FileMaker 13, Mac: /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs
- FileMaker 12, Windows: default installation is c:\inetpub\wwwroot\
- FileMaker 12, Mac 10.8 and before: /Library/WebServer/Documents
- FileMaker 12, Mac 10.9: /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default
IMPORTANT NOTE: The web server locations may vary depending on many factors, including having upgraded from previous versions of the OS, so double check with your server documentation, IT administrator, or IIS/Apache configuration files.
Finally, you should make the “Cache” folder in the soSIMPLE folder writable by your web service:
- Windows: Right-click the Cache folder, choose Properties, then Security, then add IUSR or the IIS_IUSRS group with Full Control (details)
- Mac: Click the Cache folder, choose “Get Info” from the File menu and hold the “option” key while you click “+” to add World Wide Web group (_www) with read & write access. (details)
Verify your installation by opening your browser on the web hosting computer to: http://localhost/sosimple/sosimple_cal.php
You should see a welcome message from soSIMPLE Software.
3. Upload the two files, Calendar Builder.fmp12 and calendar_data.fm12 to your FileMaker Server.
Calendar Builder is where you go to configure your Calendar. It also hosts the necessary code for the calendar.
Calendar_data is sample data to get you up & running. You can remove it once you no longer want it.
4. Open Calendar Builder using “Open Remote…” from this server or another server
Each time you open Calendar Builder to set up or manage your calendar, it will go through a quick check to make sure the server is set up properly. This includes checking the host IP address, a cache check, and a PHP check. It will also load any plugins required by Calendar Builder or your solution. No plugins are strictly necessary – but we add MBS and soSIMPLE plugin to add a couple of extended features.
If you are using a multi-server configuration, you will be prompted to change the URL to point to your PHP page.
5. Make sure the sample calendars work properly. Set up your own calendar.
soSIMPLE was designed to provide an easy way to create and deploy good-looking calendars for your solutions.
To get started, click the “New Calendar” button in Calendar Builder. This will walk you the few short steps to add a calendar to your solution.
Once you’ve set up your first calendar, you’ll find endless variations and options you can add to your calendar. We suggest starting off small and adding features as you get comfortable with Calendar Builder.
Next step: Your First Calendar
- In this section:
- Special Installations: Multi-Server and Hosted Environment