This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  not_so_simple 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

I develop customised FileMaker solution for customers. Many of them need a calendar. I am evaluating a number of calendar right now. Since my customers’ need are very diversify, I am looking for one that is easy to customise and I can have full control over the scripts

Here is one customisation I need to do for one of my customer. I have attached a screen shot on what I am trying to achieve with this calendar.

I like to know is this customisation easy to accomplish ?

Thank you very much

Attachement not showing up ????

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi there.

Thanks for looking at soSIMPLE Calendar.

It’s very easy to filter by any field. Just add the field and value to the url in the Web viewer.

http://paradisepartners.com/products/calendar-documentation/calendar-builder-reference/adjusting-your-calendar/filter-events-on-your-calendar/

We don’t have anything built into the calendar that lists unscheduled events in a portal. But it would be easy to add that to your layout next to the Web viewer that contains the calendar. By adopting similar styles, you could make it look very clean and unified.

Using that method, You’d move undated events to the calendar by clicking and editing the event, adding date and time, then refreshing the calendar to show it.

We can add the portal and drag and drop functionality to the calendar, too, just as you describe it. We have considered something just like this in the past. It would show the undated events similar to a portal, or like the grid view on the soSIMPLE Calendar. Dragging into any view on the main calendar would add date and times to the event.

Let me know via private reply, if you would like an estimate for this.

Thanks again.

Follow up question : In the WebViewer, can I hide the side bar display ? I could not find such setting in the setup file

Let me discuss with the customer whether he really needs the drag-n-drop functionality. I will notify you on this

Thank you

admin
    Keymaster

By “side bar” do mean the calendar navigation? You can remove them in the Calendar Settings “Layout” section. The first row says “Calendar Navigation”. Changing that to “None” will remove the mini-calendars.

If you’re talking about the filter bar and settings bar in the soSIMPLE Calendar file – those are part of the FileMaker layout, not part of the web viewer. You can remove them simply by deleting them in layout mode.

Thank you very much . I am very impressed with your quick response.

Cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.