This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  not_so_simple 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Hi! How can I set a default view (e.g. Day view) on entering a calendar layout? I tried to reduce the tabs to just the one needed, but Weekly seems to be set as default/initial view.
    thx,
    Jo

admin
    Keymaster

just how and where can I manipulate the url in the first place?

🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Jovo –

If you’re using our supplied “My Calendar Solution” file, you can edit the script “Set Calendar ID and Layouts for Platform ([Advanced?])”. Change the variable $$hash to “#mode=unit”

If you are integrating from scratch using these instructions, you can add it right to the end of the web viewer calculation.
    http://www.paradisepartners.com/products/calendar-documentation/how-to-guides/five-minute-integration-server-powered/

Are we both talking about *Standalone*? “My Calendar Solution.fmp12” seems to be locked (but I am still in Demo mode).
    Jo

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  admin.

Marc

Hi Jovo,
    You can add “#mode=unit” to the URL in both Standalone and Server-Powered modes.

Demo mode does not allow developer’s access to My Calendar Solution.fmp12. You will have full access to My Calendar Solution.fmp12 once you purchase a license.

Hi Lauren —
    In fact I bought a license yesterday morning but haven’t received any licensing details yet:(
    In any case, since I have not used My Calendar Solution.fmp12 at all so far I wonder … I would expect the addition to be made in the cal scripts copied to my own solution, right? Where exactly would that be?

Another pressing issue is that I updated Calendar Settings.fmp12. The Import Settings script did NOT import the Theme settings. And who knows what else: whatever did work with the previous Settings file (which had a bug) is now not working any longer. Guess I will have to go through everything all over again.

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you for your purchase.

When copying the scripts into your own solution, you can set the $$hash variable in the soSIMPLE Startup Script. That variable will be used when setting up your calendar. You can also add it right to the Calendar Setup script.

I’m sorry you weren’t able to import your settings. If you’d like to import again, we’ve updated our instructions on our update page. I suspect what happened was that your changes were made to the locked/default settings groups, which don’t get imported. Take a look here:

You should have received a license key and welcome email automatically when you purchased. Please check your spam folder, and let me know if you need the key re-sent. It comes from either avangate.com or paradisepartners.com.

First thing, I was able to sort out part of the trouble which was caused by my own scripting. Sorry for stirring this up unnecessary.

Second, I do need the registration key re-sent, please.

Third, I finally understood that all I had to do to modify the url was to add that code by (re-)defining $$hash in each Refresh Cal script.

Thx!
    Jo

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you for the update. Please send a private message back if you have not received the key. We just had it re-sent.

For the $$hash – we recommend just adding it to the startup or setup script, not the refresh script. The purpose of the variable is to allow you to stay on the same view and same day you were on whenever you refresh the calendar. By putting it in the refresh script, every refresh will reset your calendar back to today’s date and the unit view. Probably, you just want the initial view to be the resource view.

Well, in one case I want to have it jump to any given project date when opening it from a project, so it must be flexible. In another, there will be a Day cal in a side window. I will probably have to clear $$hash (or reset it to standard) each time after using it in a flexible way, does that make sense?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  admin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.