This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

rmdennis
    Participant

We are evaluating the SoSimple Calendar. We have a FM15 Server deployment. We must use Web or Web Direct. I have played with the demo quite a bit but before purchasing and spending time on development I have a few questions.

The Web entry form for events seems to only handle the basic fields such as Description, Resources, Location. If I setup custom fields they replace the basic fields on the Web entry form. We need additional fields. Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a way to change the label names on the Web entry form for the fields such as Resources, Location, Description?

A Web Viewer doesn’t seem to work for a WebDirect deployment. This doesn’t seem to specific to SoSimple. Any advise on work around to use SoSimple in a Web Viewer vs using a Web page?

Lauren Naslund
    Keymaster

You’re correct, custom fields do replace the standard fields on the web form. So you must specify all the fields that you want to have in the form, in order from top to bottom. The field names cannot contain spaces or special characters.

You can change the label for the Resources field in the calendar Options. Edit the Options template that you’re using and click the Labels tab. Enter the label you’d like next to Resources.

The settings don’t offer a way to change the labels of other fields. However, the web form can be customized by adding custom JavaScript in Options->Settings. Contact us for more details.

As for using a web viewer in WebDirect, that should work if your calendar is set up using Server-Side Async and the web viewer is set to the calendar’s URL. If it still doesn’t work, please let us know what you do see in the web viewer in Web Direct.

rmdennis
    Participant

Thanks Lauren. I now see all the fields!

As far as the Web Viewer in Webdirect, it is totally blank in Chrome. IE reports “To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.” I see the calendar just fine as a Web Page but we would love to use it within WebDirect.

FYI, I get the same error with any Web site so I assume it has to do with some server or browser setting.

I see it properly in the Filemaker client within the Web Viewer.

rmdennis
    Participant

I found the answer to the Web Viewer for WebDirect – https://www.sosimplesoftware.com/forums/topic/sosimple-doesnt-show-on-webdirect/

Works! I’m sold!

admin
    Keymaster

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.