This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin Close 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

justin close

Hi,

I was curious to know the reason why the Find Record option for fmGateway 17 isn’t available as a first-function option.  The only option is ‘Get Records’, which will only find new records since…the last run?  (I’m assuming that the Gateway keeps track of all the accounts which use it and tracks when they last ran in order to find the new records.)

But to use the Find Records option you have to do the Get Records function first, then pick fmGateway again as the 2nd step ‘Action’, and then do something else as the 3rd step.  The results of Step 1 appear to be thrown away.  It seems roundabout and wasteful, especially when both FM and Zapier are charging on a bandwidth or per-use basis.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  admin.

admin
    Keymaster

That aspect was designed by Zapier. Searches have their own place in the Zapier workflow. You don’t need to have two FileMaker calls in row, though. We use it with the Zapier Schedule app – every day, for example, find new appointments in FileMaker.

Justin Close

(I swear that I had replied to this already…)

Thanks for the details, and hints on how to use it.  It makes it a bit difficult to use on the free tier, though (can’t have Zaps longer than 2 steps).   🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.