This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Kolbeinn Reginsson

Hi there,

Im am setting up a solution where users are in a different company and I need them to see different resources when they login based on a global field.  This global field is a UUID for company and Im trying to using it as a relationship for my value list.  In my value list I include only related values starting from “relationship I have”.

NO RESOURCES **MUST ATTACH VALUE LIST TO RESOURCE FIELD **

Any suggestions?

admin
    Keymaster

This is correct – value lists based on global fields will not work. This is because the resource list is fetched from the server not from the client. As a result, the server is not aware of global fields that have been set on the client.

The method you want to use is custom resources as shown here:

Custom Resource List

Keep in mind, the code above just filters the value list itself. If you also want to limit what data is visible, you’ll also want to filter the data:

Server-Powered Quick Filter (URL Filtering)

Kolbeinn Reginsson

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to filter out each resource but if I want to show in colums each resource using the unit settings in calendar url, how can I do that sicne I can’t use the valuelist?

admin
    Keymaster

I can understand how it gets a little confusing since some of the technology we’re using is server-side and some is not.

When you set up your web viewer, you are in FileMaker Pro. So you have access to your value list.  You can use that value list to display specific columns by entering them in the URL.

For example, let’s say that you have a value list called “Staff” and it’s defined as a dynamic list based on the relationship from Company.

If you put the Web Viewer for the calendar on a layout from the Company TOC, you will be able to see the the dynamic value list change.

“&filter_resource=” & Substitute ( ValueListItems(“MyFile”;”Staff”) ; ¶; “|”)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.