This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  master 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

master
    Participant

Hi,

I read the following in the documentation of Server-Powered URL Filtering:

The field you’re filtering on must not include a space or period. You may want to create a calculation field if this is a problem.

Is this restriction for the field name or the data in the field? For instance, in the URL I include the clauses “&filter_resource=Dr. Mark” and “&resource=Dr. Mark”. On the Resources view only one resource is shown (correct). However on the Day view events for all the resources are shown (wrong). Is this because of the period in “Dr. Mark”?

Thanks — Mark

admin
    Keymaster

The period should work fine as part of the search criteria. I just tried it on our starter file by adding Dr. Mark to category.

I suspect what’s actually happening is that the resource field is actually “Resource”. The field name is case sensitive. Can you verify that?

master
    Participant

That was it! I see now that the URL parameters are case sensitive. I already knew that because &filter_resource must be in lower case as written in the documentation (but not emphasized).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  master.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.