This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 6 years ago.

• Author

Michael

Hi,

I’m having an unusual problem having set up soSimple Calendar successfully. All was running well until the events suddenly dashed. Now I can make an event, this makes a record in my database but as soon as the calendar refreshes it vanishes. Old events are not appearing either. I added an iCal data source, which comes up fine. It’s running on Filemaker server 16 on a Mac mini with Filemaker 16 clients running on Macs and PCs

Trying to load the calendar in a website intermittently comes up with an error relating to the FMPHP access. All accounts that access the calendar have FMPHP and urlscript access. On the server console, there is a recurrent security warning, it is showing multiple client connections (there are only two or three actual clients) and and there are a large number of custom web publishing connections that come and go.

Any ideas on how to get the events to display again?!

Many thanks,

Michael

admin
    Keymaster

Remember that the FMPHP privilege is used to populate the calendar, and is a different account than the user that’s logged into the FileMaker Pro/WebDirect client. Go into the Data Source settings in soSIMPLE Calendar Settings and make sure that (a) the user name AND password are correct in that window and that (b) the user in that window has FMPHP extended privilege turned on.

It’s normal to see many web connections when working within soSIMPLE Calendar Settings. If you’re seeing many connections with the user name “web” and you’re NOT working in the Settings file, you should check to see that the permissions on the cache folder (in the web directory) are set correctly. The fmserver user needs permission to write to that directory.

Michael

Thanks for the advice. I have confirmed that the username and password are correct in the Settings file and that this user has FMPHP extended privileges. I can make a new event, which stays on the calendar until it gets refreshed. Also, when I make a new event some future events appear for the following week.

Any other ideas?!

admin
    Keymaster

Is the ID field unique in your data source? Do you have more than one data source on this calendar?

If you have a public IP address for this calendar, you can post that privately and we can take a look.

Otherwise, if that doesn’t fix the issue, we can set up a quick remote support call at your convenience.

Thanks

Michael
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.