Ken D’Oronzio from Paradise Partners presented his fairly new product: SoSIMPLE Calendar. I have four words for it: it blew my mind. He had a session for it during DevCon but I didn’t get to see it, so I was looking forward to it, especially, because I have a client who could use the calendar in his new database.
It is a product of many features. SoSIMPLE Calendar takes advantage of several web technologies such as PHP and AJAX, but it is built on FileMaker. This will be a calendar solution ZeroBlue will implement in client databases, starting now.
Here are some of the things that I found amazing in SoSIMPLE Calendar:
- Drag & Drop interface without coding
- The calendar is displayed in a web viewer (server does the processing)
- Combine multiple data sources (FileMaker)
- Subscribe and feed data to Google, Outlook, iCal, etc.
- CSS styling
- Extensive customization options
- Quick implementation for FileMaker, web and mobile platforms for the same calendar
- Action handling by script trigger
Ken did a good job getting everyone’s interested in the product. The room was full of excited developers ready to dig in. We got to ask questions and got a walk-through for creating and viewing a calendar. This is what a community meeting is all about.
I can only recommend SoSIMPLE Calendar. Most certainly looking forward to implementing it.
Zero Blue Technology
More Information: http://www.zerobluetech.com/nj-filemaker-developer-group-meeting-recap-09282011/