This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren Naslund 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Lauren Naslund
    Keymaster

We received this question recently. It’s a good illustration of how global fields work when soSIMPLE is server-powered.

Hi,

I have a nagging problem. I set up a value list for the resources driven by membership in a certain group designated by a global set at logon. That works perfectly on the Data Source layout. However in the calendar I see a different list of resources and can’t get them to change to the same value list attached to my Data Source layout field.

Lauren Naslund
    Keymaster

Hi,

When the calendar is server-powered, it gets the value list from the server. The global field has its own value on the server, which is unaware of the value of the global in the client.

As an alternative, to determine the resources that appear in Resource and Timeline views, use the &filter_resource query in the URL and calculate its parameter using:
    Substitute ( ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; [thevaluelistname] ) ; “¶” ; “|” ).
    That way you would get the value list as it exists for the user.

Also, to filter events in other views, you can also add the &Resource query with the same calculation for the parameter.

(Note: using pipes for a list of parameter values works in soSIMPLE Calendar version 3.3 and higher)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  admin.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  admin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.