This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  not_so_simple 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

From one of the old forum posting on this topics, I found the following :-

“another option – usually what I recommend, but it depends on your needs – create one “calendar” for each type of resource. Since calendars are so quick to set up, and can be based on other calendars, you can set up identical calendars in the Calendar Settings file and just change the resource when you map the fields. This method results in each calendar showing one type of resource.More discreet and easier to manage”

After studying the varies option, this option is perfect for us. However, I am not sure how to do this step –>  ” just change the resource when you map the fields”. I have a resource field and has a valuelist attached to it. What does it means to change the resource when mapping the fields ? Let say I want this calendar for Richard ( one of the resources). Where do I map his name ? 

Thank you very much

admin
    Keymaster

I’m not sure that the article you’re referring to reflects what you’re trying to accomplish. The article appears to be referring to “types” of resources – so one calendar might be rooms, another might be editors.

It looks like you’re just trying to see Richard’s appointments.

So you want to filter the list to just show specific appointment based on a field – you can do that by filtering the URL.

And may also want to show just the one column in the Resource view?

Thank you . Now I understand. I have decided to use URL to do the filtering

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.