This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tahoerob 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

tahoerob

Hello,

I’ve been communicating with Ken via email and thought I’d post here as well in the hopes that perhaps another user might have some experiences to share.  I’m trying to configure soSIMPLE Calendar to work in a two server configuration where Filemaker Server and WPE are on one machine behind a firewall and the soSIMPLE PHP code is on another machine that is Internet accessible.

I have a router with a static IP that handles VPN connections to my network.  Filemaker server and the Web Publishing Engine are running on one machine with a local IP address of 192.168.1.99.  A second machine is running OS X Server at 192.168.1.98.  Active services on this machine are OpenDirectory, DNS, and Web Sites with PHP enabled.  The router has a 1:1 NAT connection that directs all web traffic aimed at a public/fixed IP to 192.168.1.98.  Only the HTTP and HTTPS ports are open.  Everything else is blocked.

We don’t want our Filemaker Server exposed to the Internet.  The OS X Server machine is Internet accessible simply for calendar syncing.

To setup soSIMPLE, here’s what I did:</div>

I copied the /sosimple folder to the OS X Server’s web hosting directory:

/Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/sosimple

I copied the Filemaker PHP class file and accompanying /FileMaker folder into the /sosimple folder on the OS X Server.  I set permissions on the /sosimple/cache folder per the Server-Powered Installation instructions.

I then edited the config.php file as follows, changing localhost to my Filemaker Server’s IP address and setting the $classpath value to the /sosimple folder containing the Filemaker PHP Class file:

<?PHP
    /* Your FileMaker Server. Single Server installations can use “localhost” */
    $host = “192.168.1.99”;

/* Name of the Calendar Settings file. Change this if you rename the Settings file. */
    $database = “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings”;

/* Web password to access the Calendar Settings file. You almost NEVER need to change this. */
    $user = “web”;
    $password = “web”;

/* If you’re storing your dates and time at UTC, set this to true (only applies when using iCal feeds). */
    $utc = true;

/* If you move your cache directory, set the new path here */
    $cachedir = ‘cache/’; // Directory to cache files (must be read/write)

/* If this page is not hosted by FileMaker Server, you must tell it where the FileMaker PHP class file is located. */
    /* This is not usually necessary in standard FileMaker Server installations, but may be required on third-party web hosts*/
    /* Path might look like this: ‘/usr/lib/FileMaker’ */
    $classpath = ‘/Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/sosimple’;
    set_include_path(get_include_path() . PATH_SEPARATOR . $classpath);
    ?>

In the Calendar Settings file, I updated the URL to PHP field with the public/static IP address for my OS X Server machine.

Next I edited my calendar’s Data Source and changed FileMaker Server from Single Server to the IP address of my Filemaker Server.

When I view a calendar, the WebViewer is blank.  When I attempt to load the soSIMPLE PHP URL in the browser, it connects to my web server, gives me a security certificate warning, then shows a blank page.  So it finds the soSIMPLE PHP page, but nothing happens.

And that’s pretty much where I’m stuck.  I was able to get soSIMPLE working in Single Server configuration without any problems, but we need a two server configuration that keeps our Filemaker Server behind the firewall while allowing read-only calendars to be shared with users not connected to the VPN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  tahoerob.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.