This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

I finally got everything up and running.  I started by Adding a new calendar. Here I see a problem.

I am using separation mode. My event table is in one file. I want to display the calendar in the main interface file ( which is a separate file).

I have successfully added my calendar and it display correctly in my interface file. But when I performed any action on the calendar, it always open the original event file in a new window. I think this is because when I add new calendar, I have to open that event file in order to get all the fields for matching.

What can I do to prevent the opening of the event file  or any workaround ?

Thank you and happy new year !

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, this does require a little custom coding. But it’s very simple.

Add the following to where the Custom JS section of your Options (instructions are here).

databaseName = ‘<name of your UI file>’;
    scheduler.fm12_link = ‘FMP://’+scriptHost+’/’+databaseName+’?script=’+ scriptToRun + ‘&’;

Enter that exactly as shown, just replacing <name of your UI file> with the UI file name. If you haven’t already, you should put the scripts we provide in the UI file.

admin
    Keymaster

Be careful when copying & pasting that you don’t end up with curly-quotes. I think it will work OK if you copy from the browser, but you should confirm that the apostrophes are all pasted as straight apostrophes, not curling to one site or another.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.