This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

First, I have just discovered the display name that I used “simple” was already taken by someone else much earlier. So I have changed my display name to “Not_so_Simple”.

I bought the Server powered version a couple of month back. But have no opportunity to use it as I have to go away to do something else. Now that I am back, I want to get this going.

My first challenge is to install the calendar software in our in-house running FM 13 Server.  It is a single machine server running in a local network. The PHP is running well in the server as indicated in the FMS console

I followed exactly the procedure in the documentation . I copied the sosimple folder in the Wed Folder. Everything seems ok at this stage. When I verified my installation by entering http://localhost/sosimple/sosimple_cal.php. The welcome page was displayed. Everything were green except the  Testing Connectivity. It has 2 errors : ERROR : Cannot access FMS as localhost and ERROR Cannot access “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings ” at localhost.

Anyway, I proceed by uploading the two files  soSimpleCalander and soSIMPLE Calendar Settings to the server. When I open remote the soSimpleCalendar , the calendar is just a blank screen… nothing..

I must have done something wrong somewhere… Please advice what should I do ?  By the way, I used the latest v3.5

admin
    Keymaster

The message “Testing Connectivity” means that the soSIMPLE page is unable to communicate with the FileMaker Server. This is usually due to the PHP engine not working properly in FileMaker Server. So your next step is to go to the FileMaker Technology Test Page and see that PHP Custom Web Publishing is working. If it’s not, re-deploy your server by choosing “Edit Deployment” from the server console.

https://www.filemaker.com/help/15/fms/en/index.html#page/fms/fmsh_deploy.04.3.html

If any of the indicators on the soSIMPLE set up page are red, the installation is incomplete and the Calendar won’t show up in Server-Powered mode.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.