This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by   7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Good morning.

I was introduced to your software at the Devcon2015 event your software was impressive. I am keen on purchasing the software, but the instructions are not clear on how to set this system up on a multi-hosted environment. I have looked at your documentation, however was wondering if you had any specific instructions regards setting the service up on fmphost.

Regards

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks Alan –

We will be posting a page specifically for FMPhost shortly.

In the meantime, FMP host will provide you with TWO addresses – the web address (WEB) and the FileMaker Server address (MASTER + WPE). Using those definitions, the bottom of this page will provide a reference:

http://www.sosimplesoftware.com/products/calendar-documentation/calendar-builder-reference/calendar-modes/how-server-powered-works/installing/special-installations-multi-server-and-hosted-environment/

Here are the specific steps:

1. Upload the FIleMaker files to the FileMaker Server (“My Calendar Solution” and soSIMPLE Calendar Settings)
    2. Edit the config.php file in the soSIMPLE web folder, by setting Host to the MASTER ip address.
    3. Put the soSIMPLE web folder into your web hosting root using FTP.
    4. Ask FMPHost to place the FileMaker standalone class files into the soSIMPLE web folder on your server.
    5. Open soSIMPLE Calendar Settings, and
      1. click the gear icon on the main screen to show the settings
      2. uncheck the “always use standalone” checkbox and
      3. enter the WEB ipaddress (the full path) into the “path to php file”
    6. For any Data Source setup (the connections to your file, or “My Calendar Solution”), use the MASTER address instead of “Single Server”

jeproject
    Spectator

Thank you Ken, I have passed on your comments to FMPHOST and await their reply.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.