There are a several ways to determine what events show up on the calendar, depending if you’re using Standalone mode or Server-Powered mode:
In standalone mode, the Standalone Export script has full control over what events get shown.
In addition whatever permissions are active for the current user may limit what records get exported by the export script.
These filters apply regardless of how you’re using the calendar, whether on the web, in FileMaker, or in your iCal calendar.
From simple to most refined:
- Define a field in your event file that results in 1 or true if you want the event to show. Map that field to “Display Record Flag” in the Data Source.
- Set up an account in your event file with limited access to records. Use that account when setting up your data source.
- Add parameters to the URL in the web viewer as described below to filter events by one or match fields.
- Use the optional Find Script as described below.
Filtering via URL Parameters
By following your URL with a query string, you’re able to further filter your calendar by a specific field
- Use field=request structure. You can use as many field combinations as you want – separate them by an ampersand (&).
- &representative=john (limits your display to those records where “john” is in the field called “representative”)
- See details in the Filter via URL page
The Advanced Find Script defined in the Data Source can be used to further refine or completely change the events that show up on the calendar.
- This script runs on the server immediately after the events for the calendar are queried, just before they’re sent back to the calendar. You won’t ever see this script run, since it runs on the server.
- You can pass a script parameter by adding &find_parameter to your URL
- See details in the Advanced Find Server-Side script
Permissions (as defined by the data source)
The User Name and Password you enter in the Data Source settings will determine what events show up in your calendar. You can create multiple identical data sources with different permissions if this level of security is important.
- In this section:
- Server-Powered Quick Filter (URL Filtering)