Importing soSIMPLE Calendar settings another soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file
Since we keep our settings file separate from your solution file, you don’t need to make any changes to your solution. Once you’ve updated the settings, you solution will just continue to work the way it did before.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you have a backup of your existing soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file.
- Double-click the new copy of soSIMPLE Calendar Settings from the desktop.
- Click the Gear icon to go to settings
- Click “Import Settings”
- You can import directly from a hosted file by entering the host ip address and name of your settings file (usually “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings”) where your previous version of soSIMPLE Calendar Settings is hosted or
- Click “Import from File” to import from a previous soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file on your desktop
- Click “Import”
- Once the import is complete, close all open files re-open your new soSIMPLE Calendar Settings from the desktop (for standalone mode) or upload the new soSIMPLE Calendar Settings to your FileMaker Server.
This process will import any calendars and settings that you’ve created, so you don’t need to re-create them. It also imports your existing registration information.
If your registration is not properly transferred, you can register again by going to “soSIMPLE Settings…”, or pressing the gear icon in soSIMPLE Calendar Settings.
If you’re seeing “caching…” at the top of your calendar after a new import, try recreating the “Options” section by clicking “edit”, then “new” (do not duplicate an existing one). And re-enter the options from your original configuration.
You can import from any version of soSIMPLE Calendar. For versions prior to version 3, make sure that you’ve changed the file name in the server import field to “Calendar Builder” which was the old name of the soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file.