To download the latest version, use your original download link, or Download Here
9 May 2017
- Addition of FileMaker REST calls (FMS16 Data API Trial)
- New URL adjustment: “&ev_dur=” to include duration using single-click
- Timeline week & month support of hide weekends
- Optimize data script for fewest calls to FMS
- Only call twice for foundset, thrice when no records are found, but advanced find scripting is used. (instead of thrice always).
- Call value lists from existing data load when possible
- Don’t call value lists on individual event updates
- Server-side updates & deletes based on passed recordid (remove additional server-side call to retrieve recordID)
- Resources saved in local variable when date changes – not re-looked up from server.
- Value Lists for Custom fields used in Web forms saved in local variable too.
- refresh on some screens by pulling down (mobile)
- added back Delete button for custom fields on layout for server-side smartphone
- webix.Date.startOnMonday = scheduler.config.start_on_monday;
- added back in Delete icon ability in client mode
- Week view bug – if no button assigned for current view, calendar fails
Update to MBS 7.2, limited license key to just clipboard and run JS in webviewer functions.
24 January 2017 – v3.55 – default config changed to set iCal feeds to local time instead of UTC – download here
3 December 2016 – v3.51 – Download from our download page
(or use live update from v3.5)
- Mobile: moved toolbar templates above fold to allow more customization
- Blocked sessions – stop creation of events overlapping blocked times
Blocked sessions – show tooltips on blocked sessions even when there’s no event text
22 November 2016 –download here
Please note: this version cannot be live-updated. It requires a new download from our server.
- BRAND NEW FEATURE: calendar defaults for both FileMaker and iCal data feeds
- default event color/text color
- default resource(s)
- display type (normal/block/background)
- BRAND NEW FEATURE: new “background” and “block” events
- an event with “display type” = background will cause that event to fade to the back of the calendar to indicate office hours, vacations, etc.
- an event with “display type” = block will display the same as a background event, but will also stop you from scheduling events during the indicated time.
- UPDATED: Map interface updated:
- map pins now reflect the color assigned to the event
- remove detail icons on event list
- double-click events on map or list to open them
- double-clicking anywhere on the map will send street address to FMP client script
- no longer show default locations for events without assigned locations
- always pick the first event on maps list when scrolling views
- add your own google maps api key to settings
- remove deprecated “sensor” parameter for Google maps
- UPDATED: URL filtering improved for combined/complex “or” type searches
- day & week timeline accurately reflect st/end time in options
- after-hours indicator
- timeline right padding smaller
- remove “undefined” variables (unit, lat/lng/location, readonly) from FM Scripts
- update smartphone interface to allow editing of some of the templates
- update standalone data.json field to exclude apostrophe correctly
- update standalone to go to events based layout before exporting events script
- client login no longer check server accessibility
6 September 2016 –download here
- iCal subscribe over https:
- iCal subscribe adds source url to event id to allow color coding by data source (with iCal class update)
- Live update process made clearer
- Reversed buttons for cancel/update on live update (oops)
- Moved update server to fmsdb server
14 August 2016 – download here
(21 August 2016 – v 3.41)
Please note: because of major changes to the registration engine, this version cannot be live-updated. It requires a new download from our server.
- Complete rewrite of smartphone (mobile) interface
- modern interface
- scales properly on iPhone retina displays
- Timeline day & timeline week honors start & end times
- Timeline honors european/american time & date format
- Updated URL filtering, especially regarding “or” style filters
- Add optional server-side file customizations
- Add more debugging capabilities for support
- 3.41 update mobile button bar (refresh & today icons)
- 3.41 update U.S. time selectors on mobile
Additional changes (requires download from our website):
- Stop reseting license key when standalone file is distributed (if license key allows for this)
- sosimple_cal.php splash page includes testing information (cache, FileMaker class, connectivity, etc.)
- Suppress MBS registration dialog
- Show/hide MBS script search along with syntax coloring
- soSIMPLE registration checks date for updates
- Default settings standardized
- iCal feed updates – fix syntax bugs
- Remove “sample” files from download (these were tutorial files that added confusion for new users)
- Include MBS 6.1
- 3.41 update vertical market license distribution
soSIMPLE Calendar file:
- Include 360Works MirrorSync framework
- Allows for syncing 1 server and 1 device for free
- Provide a link for your remote users to download a always-current copy of soSIMPLE Calendar
- Single button synchronizes all changes in events, resources and staff to the soSIMPLE Calendar hosted on your FileMaker server
- Install from 360Works.com
- In this soSIMPLE release, we don’t support resources being added remotely. Events and staff can be added remotely, and all tables can be updated remotely or on the server.
- At the time of this release (MirrorSync 3.01), you must use XML syncing instead of JDBC syncing
- Allows for syncing 1 server and 1 device for free
- Allow standalone users to host files peer-to-peer without script changes
- Handle international date/time in Action script (workaround a FileMaker bug)
- Resource filters for smartphone interface and list view
- Default to Advanced Calendar mode
19 January 2016 – download here
Available using Live Update feature in soSIMPLE Calendar Settings:
- Add 7 new languages – now 29 languages total
- Norwegian Bokmål,
- New feature: Use “|” (pipe character) as a delimiter for multiple values in URL to create “or”-type search
- Fixed: iPad not drawing calendar
- Fixed: text display of special characters in some languages
- Fixed: Error 500 on update page when serial key is masked
- Fixed: “Current Time” indicator doesn’t show when calendar is first drawn
- Known issue: iCal feeds sometimes do not recognize brackets in query (used in “or” type queries). Use pipe instead.
- Version 3.31: Update Turkish language with client-supplied corrections.
Additional changes (requires download from our website):
- MBS 5.4.08
- Fixed some foreign language installations of FileMaker, that use case-sensitive functions.
- Remove broken “Show Me” button on startup when the server is wrong.
- Stop masking installation key
12 October 2015 – download here
- Dynamic timelines to dynamically change the default timeline view from 1 day to 10 years
- SuperNav – added many new layouts, and organized into menus by time & type
- Day, week, month & year timeline views
- Day, week, month & year map views
- Day, week, month & year grid views
- All future events grid view
- Day menu shows one day of events in day, resource, timeline, map & grid views.
- Week menu shows one week of events in week, resource/planner, timeline, map & grid views.
- Month menu shows one month of events in month, timeline, map & grid views.
- Year menu shows one year of events in year, timeline, map & grid views.
- Resource menu shows one and one week resource views.
- Timeline menu shows timelines for one day, one week, one month, one year, and adjustable.
- Resource & Timeline menu shows both resource views and all five timeline views.
- Map menu shows map for one day, one week, one month, and one year.
- Grid menu shows grid for one day, one week, one month, one year, and all future events.
- Dynamically hide calendar navigation, hide weekends
- Automatic in-app Live Updates
- Changed week header to default to “Week of” – configurable in Options > Labels
- Theme change to move hour scale down two pixels, and timeline event padding to 4 px.
soSIMPLE Calendar file:
- Sample data update to current date range
- Dynamically adjust timeline range from 1 day to 5 years
- Dynamically hide calendar navigation panels, hide weekends
- Rename “My Calendar Solution” to “soSIMPLE Calendar”
- Add lat/lng result field back to sample file for client-side mapping
- Custom Icons in Launcher
- Configure calendar examples to use grouped menus
Server-Side Async (web publishing):
- Changed Custom Fields to recognize Resource list based on the attached value list.
- Show location field value list in server-side editor
- Add class file & classfile statement to config.php for 3rd party hosting
Web Apps (iPad desktop icons):
- Set Web Apps to always open to current date
- Fix Web App icons
soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file:
- Custom Icons in Launcher
- Added gray checkbox to all calendars when “Server-Powered” is turned off in preferences
- Fixed “refresh calendar” menu step in Calendar Settings.
- Make calendar refresh to scroll and highlight correct calendar
- Remove MBS message when soSIMPLE is unregistered
- Verify server settings during startup
- Hide “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings” file in WebDirect launcher
- Remove “Copy” buttons in Data Source window – use the buttons in “Use in..” windows instead.
21 September 2015 – download here
- Included Standalone indicator during import of previous versions
- Fixed “Import from File” script, broken in previous upgrade
- Fix theme editor for date at top of calendar
- Remove redundant scriptHost to allow change in Custom JS
- Update Codebase to 4.3.13
- Update MBS to 18.104.22.168
- Added server-verify function when changing server address in preferences
27 August 2015 – download here
- Remove duplicate code records causing an error “couldn’t save” on standalone
- Remove “soSIMPLE Calendar” file from download (older duplicate of “My Calendar Solution”)
11 August 2015 – download here
- Change name of “soSIMPLE Calendar” file to “My Calendar Solution” (to distinguish from “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings”)
- Add map view for client-side in example file
- Update map view for client-side use, and for more intuitive server-side use
- Update starter solution to include geo location for standalone & client-side
- Add weekly resource view (“planner”)
- Add Navigation date panels, left or right, 1-3 months
- Add location field and resources to Server-Side (web-based) event editor
- Add dropdowns and checkboxes for resources and custom fields for web-based event editor
- Add calendar dropdown to web-based event editor
- Add lat lng in script parameters for client-side
- Added labels: map, more events, agenda, grid
- Fixed “simple event” display to show accurate time.
- Updated php splash page to show Calendar Settings file. Removed sample file link.
- Update MBS to 22.214.171.124
- Update Codebase to 4.3.7
- Fix pasted scripts for standalone, esp. for clarity and to remove references to missing elements
- Updated documentation for changing example file name & 5-minute integration
- Updated data source/layout/theme/options windows to make them easier to read
- Adjusted standalone settings
- Updated data.json field to accommodate fields that weren’t selected by user
- Update import process to allow for renamed and password-protected Calendar Settings files.
- Fixed bug that broke double-clicking events when calendar doesn’t have a resource defined.
9 July 2015 – download here
- Bug fix: Standalone on iPad in FileMaker Go 14 – QuickInfo boxes open/edit/delete events.
3 June 2015 – download here
- Added “Standalone” calendar – no server required:
- Added “Export Script” to data source setup
- Please note significant feature differences between Standalone use and Server-Powered use
- soSIMPLE Calendar Settings UI overhaul
- Renamed setting file from “Calendar Builder” to “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings”
- Simplify theme editor interface
- Allow changes to be made to locked calendars and settings
- Added option to hide soSIMPLE Calendar Settings in the “Open Remote…” dialog box.
- NEW “soSIMPLE Calendar” file:
- Complete calendar solution
- Show multiple uses for calendar (within FileMaker Pro, Filemaker Go on the iPad, smartphone use, WebDirect,etc.)
- Auto-detect platform, and whether you’re on server or not.
- Key new features:
- Multiple resources per event
- Resources can now be supplied as a key or a value
- Added the ability to filter what resource columns show on the Resource & Timeline views
- Added dynamic configuration variables to the url
- Simple Event Box option (no date bar on event, allows for shorter events to show in smaller spaces)
- Beautify the left-hand hour-scale with tick marks
- Drag and resize events in month view
- Month view “more” link to limit the number of events showing on each day
- New Grid View
- New Map View (beta)
- Overhaul web-based documentation
- NEW support forum
- Remove weekend shading
- Added “#mode=” (month, day,list) to mobile scheduler
- Updated parameters sent to soSIMPLE Action Script, when using server-side async
- Updated Web App icons
- Follow redirects on incoming iCal feeds
- Fix “Use in iCal” button to show correct link (with “feed=ical”)
- Value lists sent as part of data structure, from all custom fields & locations when assigned on layout
- Add random v=get(UUID) to end of php URLs to avoid caching issues
- Add location to iCal feed
- Registration for multiple versions or data source qty
- Updated optional plug-in MBS to v5, 64-bit
- Stopped sending &$find_parameter and $script_name to Action Script (with FMP url)
Version 2 last updated 26 June 2015 (v 2.11)- download here
- Added new “Flat” interface type
- Made default layout the new “Flat” interface.
- More data sources available to FM13 configuration (11 total)
- Added visual for time being selected to the scale bar as you drag items
- Add clickable days to weekly agenda view
- Auto-refresh will no longer refresh if you’re editing an event or dragging an event in server-side async mode
- Touch enhancements & regular event toolbar now respect read-only and chosen icons
- Touch enhancements overlay and event editing window cleaned up – removed extraneous text.
- Added an informational message on the resource view and timeline view when there were no resources available, and how to add them.
- iCalendar feed once again handles timezone-agnostic events
- Added “Open in Calendar” button to “Use in iCal” window (using webcal:// protocol)
- Changed default calendars to two-week-long timeline
- Cancel button in Template Editor correctly closes the window without making changes
- Removed pencil image from event toolbar and detail icon from Agenda view for a cleaner, more consistent UI
- Fixed duplicate, import and edit functions to produce clean code (was occasionally causing “Cache…” to show up in calendar)
- Stopped sending event text as variable in Client-Side calendars (occasionally caused events to be unresponsive to double-clicking)
- Fixed an issue with new events not being able to be created when a resource view existed with no resources
- Addressed sporadic issues with:
- events showing on the following day,
- misc Windows 8 touch issues,
- Weekly Agenda not updating when changing dates on other views
- v2.101 fixed a permissions error importing from an earlier version of soSIMPLE Calendar.
30 December 2014 – download here
- Bug fix: Cache bug fixed in Windows (cache test failed at startup)
- Bug fix: go to units view when there is no day view (wasn’t working in Windows)
- Bug fix: Action script not running on Windows in some circumstances (corrupted URL)
- Stop sending entire URL to Action Script, instead just hash part of URL (e.g. #date=2014-12-24,mode=month)
- Added $find_parameter to Action Script
- Removed $text parameter from Action Script
- Delete cache files on any calendar change
- MBS syntax coloring disabled for new installations
- FMP13 users always use new layout
- cache test added to sosimple test page
- updated installation guide for FMS13 permissions
- enable client-side “details” and “edit” buttons
move load_date and show_loading above config area so it can be overridden (v2.071)
28 May 2014
- include ranges that start before &/or end after dates being viewed
- optimize upload sosimple_cal.php caching
- stop cache reset from happening when clicking “redraw” button in calendar builder.
- soSIMPLE Calendar Settings Interface added for FileMaker 13 users
- custom JS wrap in initialization to allow for further customization of mobile functionality
5 April 2014
- bug tooltip disappearing bug
- bug: change password causes next login to fail
- generate pdf – turn off debug mode
5 April 2014
- remove requirement for soSIMPLE plugin
- add option to toggle syntax coloring
- added change password button
- register MBS even for demo
- remove version info from startup splash screen
- change registration to use Server
- clean up UI for “new calendar”, and “use in…” options
- encode text of callback
- timeline presets as day/week/two-week/month
- shade weekends
- updated to latest MBS plugin 4.1 mac & windows
- added cache directory to config file
- made UTC applicable to iCal publishing
- add possibility to update code via our server on demand
31 March 2014
- changed new calendar field defs so that valid templates are assigned.
- changed startup to show logo only
- removed erroneous text reflecting sosimple plugin at startup
- changed copy elements scripts to use MBS
- no longer require Java or soSIMPLE plugin for soSIMPLE Calendar Settings standard use
- utc passed to client-side variables (as additional set).
- changed $url parameter as || and ~~ replacements
- add new/changed scripts to copy clipboard, including pdf
- update pdf generate code for neutral background
- +Bug fix with QuickInfo on IE (followup)
26 March 2014
- added locked mobile default
- removed iCal validation
- editing templates and updating templates to update the name of the templates, too.
- printPDF parameter prints to PDF
- pdf function to do create printPDF url
- add custom field label of “”
- add .dhx_cal_event_clear, tooltip
- lower case sosimple path
- next button included in button css
- ical license reference in startup script
- custom section label “undefined” removed from custom field lightbox
- resources not required field
- custom fields cannot have spaces – indicate in process & in conditional formatting
- ical compatibility in dropdown
- fixed before release: ical class file (add resources). Install Instructions (IUSR, url).
10 March 2014
- added touch support quickinfo.php
- double-encode url parameter
- remove refresh for every click in mobile version.
- return delete button functionality.
- allow event toolbar to show
- dynamic button layout for terrace
- more css for desktop themes
- Updated caching method
- Removed option to not cache
7 February 2014
- First pre-release of version 2
- New “Terrace” template
- Integrated touch support into every calendar
- Removed dedicated touch template
- Smartphone mobile template
- Custom data entry fields for Server-Side Async
- Auto-refresh without script timers
- Multiple timezone support by converting to and from UTC timecode
- More theme custom options
- Upgraded MBS plug-in
- Re-ordered Options and CSS, renamed some options for clarity
- Filter compatibility of settings for intended deployment
- Confirm settings are valid in setup windows
- Editable area for custom JS and custom CSS
- Option to always show popup lightbox instead of allowing inline editing
- Add URL as variable in action script
- Add script name and read-only flag in action script
- Change copied action script to set fields using “set field by name”
- Make copied action script dynamically set the actual field names to set from data source
- Make copied web viewer layout object dynamically set the url from data source
- Advanced find script
- Created separate user in soSIMPLE Calendar Settings for editing configuration to allow custom passwords
29 May 2012
- FileMaker 12 Compatible
- Added a few features just for FileMaker 12 users:
- Update Plugins from local file in FM12, not from server
- Client-side functionality doesn’t require plug-in for editing events in FM12 (still require plug-in to refresh a single event at a time in the web viewer)
- Client-side functionality now works with FileMaker Go 12 (runs a FileMaker script to edit an event, just like in FileMaker Pro)
- “Add to Homescreen” on iPad/iPhone removes browser address bar from calendar for Touch interfaces.
- Added Options for: Show “Now” Indicator
- Added Options for: Height of Hour for Weekly and Monthly view
- Added Options for: Show/Hide navigation bar
- Stretch events in timeline?
- soSIMPLE Calendar Settings (admin) interface changed to display dialogs with helpful information when errors occur
- No longer shows an error on soSIMPLE Calendar Settings main UI when the software is not registered
- Day of Week showing in Resource/Unit view
- QR Code to deploy on web
- Touch Icon
- Removed gray bars on weekly & daily view, and made today yellow
- Added New Weekly Agenda view
- Unique ID for new Calendars (random URL for security) – calendar urls are no longer easy-to-guess two digit numbers
- Import Calendar from previous version (if you’re importing from v1.3 or earlier, leave the old version on the server while you open the new version from the desktop).
- Current Time Marker broke functionality for Resources view.
- Added Options for: Cascade View
- Custom Tooltips
- Color/Text Color
- Multi-line Header for Timeline, tall events for Timeline
- Day of Week name showing in Day view